Sunday, December 6, 2009

What do you think?

I've been working on making some handbags as Christmas presents this year. (If you're on my Christmas list this year, I'm probably letting the cat out of the bag - no pun intended! - on what you're getting! Sorry!)

A friend of mine had the idea of making bags to sell. And I've been thinking on it for a few weeks. I've had fun creating these purses and I have even gotten some compliments on them recently. So, I'm posting this here to get some feedback! Tell me what you think! Below are some of the sample bags I've been working on recently. If this works out, I'd like to start selling the bags to start raising some money toward a future adoption (or maybe some sort of ministry or development project, like with Change One). If you like these and are interested, let me know! I don't have a ton of time to work on things before Christmas, but if you'd be interested in giving a bag like this as a Christmas gift, just get in touch with me and I'll see what I can do.
Alright...on to the bags!
Here's a large-ish tote bag, that could be used as a diaper bag. This one is actually up for grabs at the moment, if anyone is interested! I made this one as a sample out of fabric I had on hand yesterday. I took a picture with our chairs, so you could get an idea of the size:
Here's a picture of the inside--the pattern calls for pockets on both sides, but I ran out of fabric for that with this one:
The bag is fully reversible, so here's what that looks like:

These are some other samples (these ones aren't available right now, but could be replicated fairly easily):
Here are 2 different sized bags, both made from a dark brown corduroy with contrasting fabric on the inside. All of the bags are reversible and most have small inside pockets.
(Here's the reverse of the larger purse from the photo above. I love this fabric!)
I'm carrying this one around with me currently--I loved the contrasting dots and stripes!
Here's another brown corduroy, with green on the inside. Also reversible:

2 comments:

ajshaw said...

I think this is a great idea!!! Your bags are amazing, and the fabrics too. Could a certain person hirer you to work on an unfinished project... i.e. one red coat? :)

laura said...

i believe one could be pursuaded in that regard... :-)