Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Hike in the Hock

A couple weeks ago, Karen and I decided to take a journey into the Hocking Hills. We drove down some beautiful country roads, which made me feel close to my Monroe County roots! We couldn't have asked for a nicer day--the weather was so beautiful. We stopped for a bit at a place called Cantwell Cliffs, and then went on to see the Rock House.


We hiked a 2 1/2 mile trail around a place called Conkles Hollow. It was quite a hike! And the best part about it...we wore flip-flops! I wonder if people thought we were a couple of silly city girls traipsing around the wilderness in flip-flops. I've walked worse paths in Sierra Leone in flip-flops before, though, so I didn't feel so bad about it. But, still, probably not the brightest idea we've ever had...there were some rather precarious parts of the trail.

No comments: