Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Day in Konde Farm

Pastor Menyongar lives outside Freetown in an area called Konde Farm. He has started a church and a school in this community. We had the privilege of visiting his home and church one Sunday.

Here is their current church building, that is also being used for classrooms for school children during the week:




Pastor Menyongar, Manasseh (Pastor's son), and Keith at the site for the new church building. They are working slowly to raise funds to build a more structurally sound building to use for their church as well as the school. Change One is funding the latrine project here, since there is currently no toilet facility in this area.




These next 2 photos are of the "bridge" we had to cross to get to Konde Farm. To be honest, I was scared I was going to fall in the river. Thankfully, I had Rugi (pastor's small niece) holding my hand to keep me steady!

This one is me with Pastor's kids: Rugi (she's actually a niece), Manasseh, Becky, and pastor's nephew (who's name I don't remember...):

This is just an example of the types of fine roads we got to drive down... Ah, Salone...

No comments: